Thursday 20 May 2010

The Beauty of Local - Glandwr Bakery

I'm featuring another local company. This one definitely deserves recognition. I now know that when bread is really good, it needs nothing - not even butter. There's only the normal ingredients in their white bread - flour, yeast, salt, water - and yet they combine these four ingredients to create a bread so light, so crusty, so soft, with a salty buttery goodness of its own - better than other bakeries, and I don't know if it's even right to write the word "supermarket" in the same paragraph. It's a family business, and as is always the case in this town, my husband's parents and grandparents grew up with the family that has owned and run this bakery for eons. (My husband's parents and grandparents grew up with everyone in this town, and know everyone, and because of them, everyone knows me!! Very hard for a city slicker like meself!)


I'm afraid I'm not very good at describing taste, so the next time you're in Llangefni, Wales, you'll just have to go there and try it for yourself so you can see what I mean.
Here's their address:
Glandwr Bakery
26 Church Street, Llangefni, Gwynedd LL77 7DU
p: 01248723172  

No comments:

Post a Comment